// Home     // Print
     
    Facebook Twitter YouTube Flickr Instagram

Home > The Port > History > XX Century

XX Century

imagen_inicial1902

The Board of Works for the Port of Cadiz is set up.

 

 

imagen_inicial1903/1929

Jobs of the Works Scheme of the first Engineering Manager of the Port, Federico Molini, are begun which included the Reina Victoria, Marques de Comillas and Alfonso XIII piers and which aspired, graphically speaking, "to berth the transatlantics into San Juan de Dios Square".

imagen_inicial1930/1936

The town´s piers are built, the rest of the San Felipe pier and the fishing  port takes  shape ( East and West piers and East and South jetties).

 

imagen_inicial1949/1950

The 1949 Works Scheme  is carried out from which the present layout of the Port of Cadiz in three docks (commercial, fishing, and repair) came about.

 

imagen_inicial1970/1980

The Port of Cadiz adapts itself to the new technology and phases 1st and 2nd ot the Reina Victoria Container Terminal are built.

 

imagen_inicial1982

The Unificatíon Decree for single administration of the harbour installations in the bay is passed and the Bay of Cadiz Port is born.

 

 

It was from the time of this Decree (August 1982) when the Port acquired its present shape, with its four harbours: Cadiz City (passengers, commercial and fishing), the Cadiz Free Port Zone (commercial), La Cabezuela-Puerto Real (commercial) and El Puerto de Santa María (commercial and fishing) and also Rota´s fishing and sports harbour, today transferred to the Andalusia Regional Council due to a lack of commercial harbour activity. In addition, there are private installations under administrative concession, providing facilities for ship building and repair (the Puerto Real and Cadiz Astilleros Españoles , Ltd. centres,. for oil prospecting and exploitation plants building (the Dragados and Construcciones Off-Shore Plant in Puerto Real) and for watersports and sailing (the Royal Nautical Club and America Port at Cadiz and the Royal Nautical Club and Puerto Sherry in El Puerto de Santa Maria). The Bay thus offers a rare combination of shipping installations and services where requirements of all types of maritime traffic dealt with and the warmest welcome will be given.

 1990

La Cabezuela-Puerto Real pier was inaugurated in 1990. The operations of manipulation of dry and liquid bulks was traslated from the basin of Cadiz.imagen_inicial

 

 

 

 

 1993

The Law 27/1992 converted the "Juntas de Obras de Puertos" in PORT AUTHORITIES". On the 1st of January of 1993, so the PORT AUTHORITY OF CADIZ BAY was born.

 

2008    ©   Port Authority of Cadiz Bay    |    Pza. de España, 17 - 11006 Cádiz - España    |   Phone: (+34) 956 240 400    Fax: (+34) 956 240 476