// Home     // Print
     
    Facebook Twitter YouTube Flickr Instagram

Home > The Port > History > XVII Century

XVII Century

1613

The Council of the Indies, under the reign of King Felipe III, authorised the full loading of ships in Cadiz destined for "New Spain or Terra Firma" after descending down the Guadalquivir River.

1927

A Royal Order passed by King Felipe IV granted Cadiz the right to load up to one third those ships destined for the West Indies.

1639

A Royal Order of King Felipe IV establishes the "Role of leverage" in Cadiz, entrusting the Chief Foreman with the monitoring of port activity.

1679

The Town Council requested permission from the Crown to build a quarrying wharf.

1685

Captain Don Andres del Alcazar and Zuñiga planned the construction of a pier of 400 yards length by 24 width in the bay in front of the city (presumably the original base of the actual San Felipe pier).

2008    ©   Port Authority of Cadiz Bay    |    Pza. de España, 17 - 11006 Cádiz - España    |   Phone: (+34) 956 240 400    Fax: (+34) 956 240 476